Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blog 9

 Blog #9: Post your group's work on the task outlined above (points 1-5) so far:


Group: Shana, Andrea & Generra


We decided to use the paper that Andrea wrote for the assignment. These are our ideas and comments so far:


Question:What features of the comments give information for the revision of the paper?


Coding of the Comments:

  1. No negative comments, but positive feedback.
  2. Supports the student in a positive manner.
  3. Encourages the student to keep writing and edit where necessary, without being aggressive.
  4. Gives examples of soucres that can be used.
  5. Explains what needs work and follows up with how to "fix" the revision.
Student Reactions:
Andrea - This was my paper that we were working on. I did not have any hard feelings about the comments from my professor. I thought I was doing the assignment wrong, but I was assured that I was not, and it gave me hope that I will complete the paper without worrying to much about it. To me it was all positive feedback.
Shana -  Based from experience, Andrea & I both have had this professor for two classes last semester. Therefore, I noticed that many of his comments followed a similar format when he edited my papers last semester. For example, he does not say anything negative, but he does provide feedback to improve a point being made. Another key thing I noticed was that he had given me many of examples that I could have used in my paper to make it stronger, which is similar what he did here for Andrea's paper as well. Comments like these make me want to edit a paper rather than just write to finish it and satisfy the requirements. We all had similar reactions when speaking about Andrea's paper. 

Generra - 

Pose a Question:

We did not get this far yet. We have no question as of today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment