Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blog 15

Blog #15:  Post your best version of your research question for your final research project.  Write a description of what kind of information you want to gather from your research participants, and begin a list of the kinds of questions you want to ask to gather your information.

Research Question:
  • How do men tell stories of love and romance differently than that of women?

Information I want to gather:
  • I want to see how each subject tells the same story, but in different ways.
  • I want to ask each subject to tell a story. I want to look for not only how it is told but maybe the emotions, eye contact, and hand movements that are associated within the storytelling.
  • I want to see what kind of stories that each subject tells and see if gender plays a role in how a story is told or interpreted.
Questions:
  • "Tell me about your wedding day."
  • "Tell me about meeting for the first time."
  • "Tell me about your first date."
  • "Where and when did you meet?"
  • "What did you find interesting about your husband/wife's family?"
  • (a question that relates to subject #1, but not necessarily subject #2; need help with forming a question related to this.)

Since my research is about storytelling, there are not many questions that I will be asking. I am more interested in how the stories are told to me and the information that I am given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment