Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blog 11

Blog 11:  Complete the points under 4 on the "developing a research plan" 
worksheet (posted at the right).


4.) Formulate a research plan that includes:
-Statement of purpose (what you hope to show/discover)
-Detailed statement of your research question
-List of the information you need to gather
-A preliminary list of sources
-Plan for gathering your information that includes:

·      Who/what you will be studying:

     -WHO: I will be studying one male and one female: My mom and dad.

     -WHAT: I will be studying how they each of them share stories about meeting for the first time and then about moments they recall from their wedding day. I then plan on asking both of my parents stories that may relate to one of them and not so much the other. 

     (I am still trying to come up with a topic starter this part??) 


            ·      Where you will collect your information:
                 -I plan on conducting interviews from both my mom and dad in separate 
                   locations, but not during the same time.
                 -Book: "In a Different Voice" By: Carol Gilligan:
                   This book speaks about women's perspective and on ways of reasoning through 
                    life experiences. I plan on using this book to help with the assumptions and 
                    values that many people make based on ones gender.
                 -Book: "You Just Don't Understand" By: Deborah Tannen
                   This book speaks about different moves that men and women make when they 
                    talk. I am using this book to help decode the moves that my subjects may make 
                    when they share their stories with me. Such as hand movement, jittering, etc.

                 -Article: "Competence and Connection: Gender and Generation in      
                  Boys' Narratives" By: G. Hallden
                  This article speaks about characteristics of stories that 12-13 year old boys tell. I   
                 am using this article to compare the overall stories told by each of  my subject 
                 and how gender plays a factor in how the stories are told through descriptions, 
                 emotions, detail, etc.

·      How many subjects you will study:
 I will be studying two subjects:
1.) Female: Mom
2.) Male: Dad

·      What methods you will use to conduct your study:
   -I will be conducting an interview in the form of storytelling.
  -As stated above, I will be using books and an article to help conduct my study. 


No comments:

Post a Comment