Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blog 13

Blog  #13:  List any terms from Gee you are having trouble understanding.  List/discuss some of the building tasks language does that might apply to your research project.


Troubles Understanding:

I understood the majority of the terms and information within chapters 3 & 4. After re-reading the chapters I came across several definitions and examples that puzzled me. I understand the basic definitions of the terms, but I don't understand the terms as Gee explains them. 

-"Social situated identity" pg. 30

-"intertextuality" pg. 44
-"Real Indian" pg. 31
-"Who-doing-what" pg. 46

 Ideas for My Research Project:

I may find it beneficial to use social languages, discourses, conversations, and intertextuality as I conduct my research project. This fits very well with my research topic of storytelling among males and females as it relates to language. As I gain a better understanding of these terms, I feel like they will be easier to explain in terms of relation to my idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment