Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blog 21

Blog #21: Post reflections on what you learned from your short analysis project  (what you need to do, how to do it, and how what you learned will apply to your research project).

I feel like I have a lot to work on, from my introduction, to organization, to my research. I feel over time I will feel more confident with my paper as time goes on and we work on each part separately in class. 

1.) I need to work on a stronger introduction, where I give information that is related to my topic. This will help to introduce my topic/research question. I feel like I should create an outline as it will help better organize my thoughts better. In my short analysis I did open my introduction paragraph with an interesting thought, but I feel like it should have related to my question better. Therefore, I need to make sure that my introduction is interesting and it intertwines with my question.

2.) I learned that I need to speak more about my data/observation. In doing so, I am giving my readers a sense of what my observations prove. In my short analysis, my chart describes the complexity of comments and I should explain my chart in full details. In terms of my research project, I can make a chart or another form to represent my findings when conducting my research.

3.)  I need to work on my organization better. I need to make sure that the information I say, fits where I put it. I noticed that throughout my analysis I put information in a spot where it did not necessarily belong. I may find it beneficial to create an outline so my thoughts are in the right paragraphs. For my research project, I need to pay close attention where I put my information, otherwise it may throw my important ideas off. 

4.)  I need to explain how I came to my conclusions. I give a lot of good information based on my observations and ideas. I need to give a detailed description of how I arrived at my conclusions. I just need to apply them to my question better in my conclusion. For my research project, I need to be sure to do just this by connecting my observations to my descriptions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment